Who we are:
GeoWhiz™ is a parent-approved & kid-tested game & entertainment community that promotes fun, global discovery, and kid-to-kid charitable giving.
Our mission: to be the first-choice virtual travel and discovery destination for kids
Our audience: kids 9-12 and their families
Our values: Fun. Discovery. Kid-to-kid giving.
- fun, safe global discovery for kids
- engaging experiences
- to be a company that cares about kids
- media that connects with kids, wherever they are
- kid-sized charities that promote kid-to-kid connections
- to promote our core values in everything we do
- excited about exploring the world
- entertained and inspired to discover
- comfortable interacting with the GeoWhiz™ cast
- empowered as they explore on their own
- glad to help other kids around the world
- pleased that their kids are learning while having fun
- confident that their kids are safe
- glad to have a trusted channel for kid-to-kid giving
- empowered to know their kid's online activities
Keep a smile on—a smile means the same thing all over the world.
Thank you in advance for becoming a GeoWhiz explorer! GeoWhiz is a virtual world that entertains and informs kids all around the world through narrative quests and online games. We want to make sure everyone in our world engages in safe exploration, so in order to play you must accept the following terms and conditions. If you are under 18 or don’t understand these rules, please review them with your parents. Parents who play or grant permission for their kids to play in the GeoWhiz world will also need to abide by these terms and make sure that their kids do as well.
About Geowhiz.com – Geowhiz.com, Thingamageo, Zero Degrees Latitude, related Geowhiz merchandise and all associated activities are all part of an online company operated by Geowhiz Universe LLC (“GeoWhiz”).
The Rules – These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to all and any use of GeoWhiz.com and all and any postings, emails or other communications made to or using it or any services run by GeoWhiz (“Submissions”). No matter who you are, if you use GeoWhiz.com, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you should not use GeoWhiz.com, and should not make any Submissions. As a GeoWhiz Avatar owner, you acknowledge that you have accepted the Rules and will abide by them. This ensures a safe and positive experience for everyone on GeoWhiz.com.
Who Owns the GeoWhiz Stuff – GeoWhiz owns all materials that appear on this website, including any, but not limited to, trademarks, trade names, slogans, logos, designs, graphics, pictures, images, video, text, content, songs, audio or other materials, including all copyright, trademark, patent, moral rights and other intellectual property rights thereto. Portions of the site operation are owned by other parties and licensed to GeoWhiz. The entire contents of the Site are copyrighted as a collective work/compilation. All such rights of GeoWhiz are hereby asserted and reserved and you many not make any unauthorized use of the content, including using Content in a way that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, using Content in a commercial manner, redistributing, altering content or otherwise infringing on the rights of GeoWhiz.
GeoWhiz Accounts – In order to use the site, you must create a user account comprised of choosing a user name and password (“User Account”). No registration or personal information is required to create a User Account. Your User Account is for your personal use only. You should keep your User Account information confidential and store it for future use, as GeoWhiz is unable to reset or restore a User Account.
Using GeoWhiz.com – When you create a GeoWhiz account, you understand and agree that the materials are created from content provided to you by Geowhiz, and that GeoWhiz continues to own that material. GeoWhiz does not promise that you will always be able to access your account, your Avatar, or other information on the site. When you use Geowhiz.com, you must follow the Rules, including in your Submissions. The Rules are reiterated below- and expanded to give you more detail – so you can be sure you understand.
Don’t Break the Rules – If we think you have violated the Rules, these Terms, or have otherwise broken the law or behaved inappropriately, we may terminate your account. We reserve the right to monitor any and all Submissions, and reserve the right to remove or to refuse to post any Submissions.
Be Respectful of other GeoWhiz Explorers – Don’t bully people or do anything inappropriate to make people feel uncomfortable. You also can’t include anything that infringes the rights of a third party, including that party’s trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights. You can’t try to register a bad word, your own name, or someone else’s name as your screen name or your Avatar’s name. You also can’t include in your Submissions viruses, malware or illegal materials. If you break this Rule, we reserve the right to delete your account.
Don’t Give Out Information About Yourself – Never share your real name on this site or anyone else’s! When you pick an Avatar name, pick a made up name. You can’t include in your Submissions anything that contains personal information about you or someone else.
Tell the Truth – If we ask you your age, you have to tell us your real age (this includes parents too!). Don’t try to get around the security measures that we may have in place at the time on the site. Don’t try to use someone else’s screen name or password. Be honest. Be yourself.
Be Careful – GeoWhiz is responsible for providing an online entertainment service. As part of this service, we may be transmitting, storing, retrieving, hosting, formatting or translating third party communications, including Submissions. The views expressed in any Submission are the views of the individual contributor and not those of GeoWhiz, unless specifically expressed by GeoWhiz. GeoWhiz is not responsible for and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in Submissions. GeoWhiz gives no warranty and makes no representation as to the accuracy, currency or validity or the information and material contained within the Submissions of GeoWhiz.com and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of any use of such material.
Be Fair – You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GeoWhiz, their partners, shareholders, respective directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns from and against all liability it may have in respect of and arising out of your use of GeoWhiz.com and your Submissions.
Liability – GeoWhiz provides and maintains Geowhiz.com for personal entertainment, on an “as is” and “as available” basis. GeoWhiz gives no warranty in connection with Geowhiz.com including that Geowhiz.com will work for a particular purpose. While we do our best to keep it running perfectly, GeoWhiz does not promise that the site will always be available, or that it will work perfectly. To the maximum extent permitted by law, GeoWhiz excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of your use of GeoWhiz.com or any information, materials or other items you obtained from us, including without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential damages whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to GeoWhiz and GeoWhiz shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation.
Termination – GeoWhiz shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of Geowhiz.com for any reason, including if you break the Rules or these Terms, if Geowhiz.com is bought by another company, or for any other reason.
Questions – All questions, comments or inquiries should be directed to email@example.com. Or, via postal service to:
GeoWhiz Universe LLC
P.O. Box 261239
Plano TX 75026-1239
Unsolicited Information – Any ideas or suggestions relating to products, services, marketing plans, ideas for toys, games, other products, or any other suggestions, notes, ideas, inventions, drawings, designs, models, concepts, techniques, music, lyrics or similar material and information submitted to GeoWhiz will be considered non-proprietary and will become the property of GeoWhiz. This policy is designed to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects developed by GeoWhiz might seem to others to be similar to their own submissions or comments. We look forward to your suggestions as we make GeoWhiz a fun place for everyone!
Linking to GeoWhiz.com – Anyone linking to GeoWhiz.com must not imply or suggest affiliations to GeoWhiz that do not exist, and the link may not refer to or portray GeoWhiz.com or GeoWhiz in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise offensive manner.
Notices – No representation or warranty is made as to whether GeoWhiz.com complies with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other countries apart from the US. Any legal matters that arise will be subject to the laws and jurisdictions of the courts in the State of Texas, in the United States of America.
Miscellaneous – GeoWhiz acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person. If GeoWhiz does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right. In the event that any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, such part will at GeoWhiz option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties’ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect. Use of GeoWhiz.com and these terms are subject to the laws of the United States of America and the State of Texas, which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of al the above permissions, exclusions, licenses and conditions of use and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the State of Delaware and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States of American and the State of Texas.
Check Back for Updates – GeoWhiz may make alterations to the Rules or these Terms from time to time. These changes shall become effective immediately as soon as they are posted on this site.
GeoWhiz™ is a trademark of GeoWhiz Universe LLC. All rights reserved.
GeoWhiz Universe LLC is a company registered in the United States of America.
Registered office: GeoWhiz Universe LLC, P.O. Box 261239, Plano TX 75026-1239
Throughout this policy we will refer to “personally identifiable information”, which means information that specifically identifies a particular individual such as the individual’s name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number. Personally identifiable information does not include screen names (also known as Avatar names, usernames or other online aliases) provided by you in the course of registering or playing our games.
- User Provided Information
- Registration - When registering for the first time at GeoWhiz Universe LLC you will create your Personal Avatar Name (not your real name). To save your Personal Avatar, you must create a user name and password. No personally identifiable information will be collected at this time.
- Contest Registration – Registration for contests sponsored by GeoWhiz Universe LLC will only require username and Avatar name for registration. All contest awards will be placed directly in your (the user’s) account. You will be notified via the “messages” folder in your GUNI. Refer to the specific Official Contest Rules for complete contest information.
- Information Collected Through Technology
- IP Address – When you come to our site, we may collect your IP address. Provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your IP address is associated with the access point where you enter the Internet, and is not personally identifiable.
- Cookies and Web Beacons – When you visit our website, we may send what is called cookies (a small text file) to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. We use these cookies to help learn more about your preferences and therefore make the most of your experience on our site. These cookies are not tied to any personally identifiable information.
Uses of Collected Information
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us via email through the Website, you agree to us using your personal information in connection with the operation, and maintenance of the Website and our marketing purposes as it helps us indentify the programs that are most relevant to your needs.
- Contest Winner Notification – We will send notification of contest awards you have received via your Avatar’s messages folder in your GUNI.
- We use certain non-personally identifiable information to improve the quality, design and content of our Website and to create new content by storing, tracking and analyzing where you go on our site and what you do when you get there.
- We also use computer generated information to remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website, provide custom personalized content and information and track your entries and submissions.
Disclosure of Collected Information
- We may share non-personally identifiable information with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions and/or functionality on our site.
- We may release personally identifiable and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with any applicable laws.
- Any content you re-distribute (Avatar Postcards) may be redistributed through the Internet and may be viewed by the general public.
Policies Specific to Children Under 13
In compliance with COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we have adopted the following policies to help keep kids safe:
- All collection of personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 requires Verifiable Parental Consent. Currently GeoWhiz Universe LLC will not collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
- There are times when we collect limited information from children under 13. Here are our exceptions to Verifiable Parental Consent:
- Collecting a child’s contact information solely to directly respond to the child’s request on a one-time basis. We will not use that information to re-contact the child for any other purpose and will purge the information from our system after responding.
- Collecting a child’s contact information and the contact information of his/her parent or guardian solely to directly respond more than once to a specific request from the child. In this instance the parent or guardian will be notified that the child made the request and be informed of the information provided by the child. The parent or guardian will have the opportunity to revoke the child’s request.
- Our chat rooms use pre-determined and selectable postings so that children under the age of 13 will not be able to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information.
- Information collected from a child under the age of 13 that is collected from an email submission, help inquiry, or other one-time request will be automatically purged within 1 business day after the issue has been resolved.
- We will do our best to ensure that any direct link to a website is suitable for children under the age of 13.
- We will advise children under the age of 13 that they must obtain permission from their parent or guardian before sharing ANY personal information.
- Upon request, GeoWhiz Universe LLC will provide a parent or guardian with a description of the information that may have been provided from their child during a communication initiated by the child about this site. Parents or Guardians who request this information will be required to verify they are the child’s parent or guardian before that information is released.
- Parents or guardians, who are verified, may elect to disallow their child’s use of the GeoWhiz Universe LLC site and to have their child’s username and avatar information deleted. Parents may send their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third-Party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
- From time to time we may allow third-party ad servers or ad networks to publish advertisements within our site. These third-party ad providers may use technology to send, directly to your browser, advertisements and links that appear on the Website. They may collect non-personally identifiable information that allows them to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to personalize the advertising content you see.
- We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Website via secure third party payment gateway sites and you do so entirely at your own risk. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical technical or managerial safeguards.
- If we learn of a security systems breach, we will attempt to notify you via e-mail so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs.
Special Note to Users Outside the United States
Our website may be simultaneously hosted in various parts of the world but the use of the Website is governed by the laws of the United States of America and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the United States of America Courts.
Merger, Acquisition, Sale or Insolvency
P.O. Box 261239
Plano TX 75026-1239
Please be assured that any personal information that you provide in communications to the above e-mail and postal mail addresses will not be used to send you promotional materials, unless you request them.
Payment and Return Policies:
Buying on GeoWhiz.com – As long as you're 18 years or older, you may purchase goods or services on our sites or applications, including to play games, purchase virtual goods or make a donation.
Canceling on GeoWhiz.com - When you join GeoWhiz.com, your subscription will renew every month. You have the right to cancel your subscription in writing up to 14 working days after you first sign up and you will receive a full refund of any fees paid within 30 days. However, if you access your account within that 7 working day period, your subscription fees are non-refundable. To cancel your subscription, contact us at: email@example.com or via postal to:
GeoWhiz Universe LLC
P.O. Box 261239
Plano, TX 75026-1239
Renewal Date - Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of the period, for the same length of time/amount as you initially purchased unless you go online and change it before the renewal date. For monthly subscriptions, your subscription will auto-renew on the same day each month as the day you initially subscribed. When your credit card expires, we will use reasonable attempts to contact you to update your account information so that your subscription will remain uninterrupted.
Virtual currencies and/or goods - You can only use your GeoWhiz bucks and/or goods inside GeoWhiz.com. We own them and can control, change, discontinue or regulate them as we see fit. There is no value in these items outside our virtual world.